This sensational instrument is a 00 from Australian-born, Canada-based luthier G.R. Bear.
This 00 features a gorgeous set of highly figured Australian Blackwood for the back and sides along with a Lutz Spruce top with Lutz Carbon Falcate bracing.
The Mahogany neck features a Macassar Ebony fingerboard with a 12-fret neck join, but the Florentine cutaway offers excellent access to the upper frets. A modern approach sees the fretboard extension continue across the soundhole.
The guitar features a Padauk bridge while the rosette features Australian Blackwood interspersed into Ebony. This theme is also mirrored in the guitar's backstrip, while Australian Blackwood also features on the front and back headstock overlays.
Tonally, the Grand 00 belies its size, with a real drive and chime, perfect for both fingerstyle and flatpicking.
- Model: Grand 00
- Frets to the body: 12
- Cutaway: Yes
- Back & Sides: High Figure Australian Blackwood - Acaicia melanoxylon
- Top: Lutz Spruce - Picea x lutzii
- Neck: Mahogany - Swietenia macrophylla
- Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony - Diospyros celebica
- Bridge: Padauk - Pterocarpus soyauxii
- Rosette: Australian Blackwood and Ebony
- Headstock Veneer: Australian Blackwood - Acaicia melanoxylon
- Binding: Rocklite Ebano
- Purfling: Black dyed maple and Sycamore purfling
- Top Bracing: Lutz Carbon Falcate bracing
- Scale Length: 645mm
- Nut Width: 46mm
- String Spread: 57mm
- Back and Sides Finish: UV cured Polyester
- Neck Finish: OSMO Oil
- Top Finish: Royal-Lac
- Tuners: Gotoh 510
- Nut and Saddle: Bone
- Frets: EVO Gold with Hemispherical fret ends