Current Location: TNAG London
Delivery Time to TNAG Nashville: Two Days
This Absolutely Staggering OM is one of our first two instruments from extraordinary Australian Luthier G.R. Bear, and features a ludicrously figured set of Fiddleback Tasmanian Blackwood for the back and sides paired with a Salvaged Western Red Cedar top.
Sonically, this magnificent OM boasts a power, projection and sustain that leaves both player and listener in awe, with the use of innovative Carbon Falcate Bracing aiding in both this respect and providing exceptional stability and rigidity to a lightly built and lively top.
There's an inherent singing musicality to the guitar that is deeply inspiring to interact with, excelling in both standard and dropped tunings. Although the instruments are built with contemporary finger style players in mind, the versatility and inspiring nature of the instrument along with the huge dynamic range makes for an OM that matches beautifully with a truly diverse range of playing styles.
- Frets to the Body: 14
- Back & Sides: Fiddleback Tasmanian Blackwood - Acacia Melanoxylon
- Top: Salvaged Western Red Cedar - Thuja plicata
- Neck: Queensland Maple - Flindersia brayleyana
- Fingerboard: Macassar Ebony - Diospyros celebica
- Bridge: Padauk - Pterocarpus soyauxii
- Rosette: Fiddleback Tasmanian Blackwood - Acacia Melanoxylon Headstock Macassar Ebony - Diospyros celebica
- Binding: Rocklite Ebano
- Purfling: Black dyed maple and Sycamore purfling throughout
- Top Bracing: Paulownia Carbon Falcate bracing
- Scale Length: 645mm
- Nut Width: 46mm
- String Spread: 57mm
- Top Finish: UV Poly
- Neck, Back and Sides finish: UV cured Polyester
- Tuners: Gotoh 510
- Nut and Saddle: Bone
- Frets: EVO Gold with Hemispherical fret ends