Gallagher Custom Advance Jumbo, Bastogne Walnut & AAA Sitka Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Made right here in Tennessee, David Mathis and his team are continuing the legacy J.W. Gallagher began back in the 1960s, when he first started handcrafting his guitars and put one in the hands of the legendary Doc Watson. The Gallagher advance jumbo, or slope-shouldered dreadnought, was inspired by the original Gibson design from 1936. Two premium tonewoods, Bastogne walnut and AAA-grade Sitka spruce, are paired together. Daren Gallman, the lead luthier at Gallagher, offered additional insight: “When it comes to great top wood, it is generally known that lighter and stiffer equate to better, therefore when I choose a piece of wood for a very high end guitar, I will choose one of my lightest and stiffest pieces. The top (AAA-grade Sitka spruce) for the custom walnut, slope-shoulder had an elastic rating of 15,138mPa, one of the most elastic tops I have seen. The red spruce that I use typically doesn’t even have a rating quite that high."
The tone is as big and powerful as a square-shouldered dread, but with appreciable roundedness and warmth. Earthy aesthetic details, like the wood mountain range rosette and the highly figured headstock veneer are a perfect accent to this Tennessee-made guitar.
- Shape: Slope-shouldered 14-fret jumbo
- Top: AAA-grade Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Bastogne walnut
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Binding (all): Ebony w/ maple strip
- Bridge and pins: Ebony
- Tuners: Waverly open-gear w/ ebony knobs
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- Depth: 4-7/8"
- Lower bout: 16"
- Serial number: 3836
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Gallagher says that, compared to a standard dreadnought, the sloped shoulders of their custom jumbo "diffuse the overwhelming bass sounds and lends clarity and balance" to this large-bodied guitar
- Beautiful tonewoods are offset by a highly figured wood peghead veneer and delicate mountain pattern rosette for a rustic aesthetic
- Bastogne walnut is paired with AAA-grade Sitka spruce, specially chosen for its uniquely high elasticity