Gallagher Custom Auditorium, Birdseye Maple & Cedar
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
A truly unique guitar from our friends at Gallagher Guitars in Murfreesboro, TN, this Custom Auditorium features an extraordinary combination of tonewoods. We more often see cedar soundboards with rosewood back and sides, a pairing that provides tons of nuance and dark, lush sustain. But when combined with maple (and some wildly figured birdseye maple, we might add!), an unusual voice is achieved. A tight, clean bass underpins intricate arrangements, while a pronounced and articulate midrange and crisp, ringing treble sing out above. The Auditorium shape blends OM dimensions with the tighter shoulders of a 00, providing "tremendous focus" and balance. Additional texture and complementary colors are added with wenge bridge and binding, snakewood tuner buttons, and even more birdseye maple flair on the headstock veneer. A gorgeous guitar in its own right, this special Custom Auditorium would make an excellent foil to your familiar spruce and rosewood guitar.
- Model/body: Auditorium
- Top: Cedar
- Back and sides: Birdseye maple
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Wenge
- Saddle: Bone
- Binding: Wenge
- Rosette: Wenge with abalone
- Headstock veneer: Birdseye maple
- Brace pattern: X
- Scale length: 25-3/8"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-1/4"
- Lower bout: 15"
- Depth: 4-1/4"
- Year of build: 2021
- Case: TKL
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Gallagher's Auditorium design combines OM-like dimensions and tighter 00-style shoulders for excellent focus
- Warm cedar is beautifully complemented by bright, focused birdseye maple, for an unusual voice unlike any other guitar
- Complementary appointments like wenge for the bridge and binding and snakewood for the tuner buttons add an earthy yet elegant touch
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Lindsay about this guitar
Gallagher Guitar Co. was founded in 1965 by J.W. Gallagher, a skilled woodworker and machinist who wanted to apply his craftmanship to build quality acoustic instruments.