Gallagher Custom GC, Birdseye Maple & Lutz Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Gallagher's Grand Concert 12-fret GC (Grand Concert) 000 is a sweet-voiced fingerstylist's guitar in any tonewood combination. But with a set of birdseye maple like this, it's really something special. It certainly has the bright clarity and punchy highs you'd expect from maple, but those are balanced out well by a tight, articulate bass and mellow midrange. For the soundboard, Gallagher have opted for Lutz spruce, which is a naturally occurring hybrid of Sitka and white spruce that grows up along the coasts of Alaska and British Columbia. Some players compare Lutz to Adirondack for its dynamic range and healthy response to a strong attack.
To finish off this custom model, they've used a set of striped ebony for the fingerboard, bridge and headstock overlay, adding texture and even more light/dark contrast. With these unusual tonewoods combined on this smaller body size, the resulting tone is unique, and an excellent counterpoint to a rosewood or mahogany guitar.
- Body: 12-fret Grand Concert (000)
- Top: Lutz spruce
- Back and sides: Birdseye maple
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Striped ebony
- Bridge: Striped ebony, pyramid
- Headstock overlay: Striped ebony
- Binding: Tortoise
- Rosette: Single band tortoise
- Tuners: Waverly
- Scale length: 24.9"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing at the bridge: 2-1/4"
- Lower bout: 15"
- Depth: 4-1/4"
- Serial number: 3875
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Gallagher's Grand Concert guitar is a short-scale 000 12-fretter, perfect for fingerstyle but plenty capable of tackling some flatpicking and strumming, too
- Striking and dramatically figured birdseye maple pairs with the hybrid Lutz spruce (Sitka and white spruce)
- Striped ebony makes many an appearance here, from the headstock overlay down to the bridge
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Lindsay about this guitar
Gallagher Guitar Co. was founded in 1965 by J.W. Gallagher, a skilled woodworker and machinist who wanted to apply his craftmanship to build quality acoustic instruments.