Gallagher Custom GC, Brazilian Rosewood & Red Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Gallagher's Grand Concert 12-fret 000 is a sweet-voiced fingerstylist's guitar by design, made even sweeter by the combination of Brazilian rosewood and red spruce (grown right here in the Appalachian Mountains of Tennessee) on this custom model. Gallagher always strive to choose and develop their tonewoods so that they sound excellent new, only to get better with playing and age. To that end, they have this to say about this TN spruce:
"We picked this particular top because the density was relatively low as compared to other red spruce tops, but the elasticity was quite high due to its longitudinal stiffness. The elastic rating was 13,210 mPa, which is very high, particularly when used on a small body. The general perception for smaller body guitars is that tops with lower density and stiffness sound better."
To finish off this custom model, they've added abalone purfling, an abalone and rosewood rosette, and the real eye-catcher: a beautifully carved neck heel. We love Gallagher for their traditional-inspired builds and their uniquely high-end rustic aesthetics, and this one is no exception.
- Body: 12-fret 000
- Top: Red (Adirondack) spruce
- Back and sides: Brazilian rosewood
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Bridge: Ebony
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Purfling: Abalone
- Rosette: Rosewood and abalone
- Fingerboard inlay: Abalone squares and snowflakes
- Scale length: 25"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- Lower bout: 15"
- Depth: 4-1/4"
- Serial number: 3862
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Gallagher's GC is a 12-fret 000 design, perfect for fingerstyle and light strumming
- Adirondack (red) spruce sourced right here in TN, combines with richly figured Brazilian rosewood
- A carved neck heel adds a little flourish for the player, while abalone on the rosette and purfling dresses up the front
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Lindsay about this guitar
Gallagher Guitar Co. was founded in 1965 by J.W. Gallagher, a skilled woodworker and machinist who wanted to apply his craftmanship to build quality acoustic instruments.