Gallagher GA-60, Western Red Cedar & Indian Rosewood
Handcrafted just south of Nashville, the team at Gallagher Guitars are continuing the legacy of J.W. Gallagher and his son Don, building the same traditional-inspired guitar builds they did. To celebrate his 60th birthday, the new owner designed the G-60 series as a fingerstyle-focused model, pairing western red cedar with Indian rosewood. Due to its lower density, cedar takes far less time than spruce to get that played-in, warm sound, and its responsive, overtone-richness is highly prized by fingerpickers. Put together with rosewood on Gallagher's OM body, the end result is a balanced, easy-playing guitar that's perfect for intricate arrangements and light strumming, and is a great option for recording and plugged-in live performance.
Understated appointments keep the overall aesthetic vibe of this guitar tasteful and earthy. Rosewood is used for the simple rosette as well as the fingerboard, and a clean, thin maple purfling offsets the edges, while snakewood buttons on the tuners neatly match the brown hues of the body.
- Shape: OM/000
- Top: Western red cedar
- Back and sides: Indian rosewood
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Bridge: Wenge
- Bridge and end pins: Snakewood
- Binding: Rosewood
- Rosette: Rosewood
- Purfling and backstrip: Maple
- Tuners: Waverly open-gear w/ snakewood knobs
- Scale length: 25-3/8"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- Depth: 4-1/2"
- Lower bout: 15"
- Case: Hard case
- Serial number: 3848
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Rosewood recurs on the fingerboard, binding, and simple rosette, for an earth-toned, understated appearance
- Gallagher's GA is their OM/000 design, and while a little deeper than some OMs, remains just as comfortable, with a standard scale and 1-3/4" nut width
- A fingerstylist's dream combination, western red cedar and Indian rosewood are paired for an immediately responsive, warm, and nuanced tone