Gallagher GA-60, Indian Rosewood & Western Red Cedar
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Handcrafted just south of Nashville, the team at Gallagher Guitars are continuing the legacy of J.W. Gallagher and his son Don, building the same traditional-inspired guitar builds they did. To celebrate his 60th birthday, the new owner designed the G-60 series as a fingerstyle-focused model, pairing western red cedar with Indian rosewood. Due to its lower density, cedar takes far less time than spruce to get that played-in, warm sound, and its responsive, overtone-richness is highly prized by fingerpickers. Put together with rosewood on Gallagher's OM body, the end result is a balanced, easy-playing guitar that's perfect for intricate arrangements and light strumming, and is a great option for recording and plugged-in live performance.
Understated appointments keep the overall aesthetic vibe of this guitar tasteful and earthy. Rosewood is used for the simple rosette as well as the fingerboard, and a clean, thin maple purfling offsets the edges, while snakewood buttons on the tuners neatly match the brown hues of the body.
- Shape: OM/000
- Top: Western red cedar
- Back and sides: Indian rosewood
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Bridge and end pins: Snakewood
- Binding: Rosewood
- Rosette: Rosewood
- Purfling and backstrip: Maple
- Tuners: Waverly open-gear w/ snakewood knobs
- Scale length: 25-3/8"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- Depth: 4-1/2"
- Lower bout: 15"
- Case: Hard case
- Serial number: 3889
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Rosewood recurs on the fingerboard, binding, and simple rosette, for an earth-toned, understated appearance
- Gallagher's GA is their OM/000 design, and while a little deeper than some OMs, remains just as comfortable, with a standard scale and 1-3/4" nut width
- A fingerstylist's dream combination, western red cedar and Indian rosewood are paired for an immediately responsive, warm, and nuanced tone
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Kim about this guitar
Gallagher Guitar Co. was founded in 1965 by J.W. Gallagher, a skilled woodworker and machinist who wanted to apply his craftmanship to build quality acoustic instruments.