Galloup "The Mission", Brazilian Rosewood & German Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Quickly summing up the massive influence and reputation of a luthier like Bryan Galloup is no small feat. Drawing on his own experience as a performer and through constant feedback from musicians, Bryan has been running a successful repair, restoration and lutherie business for over 40 years. Not content to stop there, though, he has innovated and invented tools and programs used by countless other builders, as well as taught several generations through the Galloup School.
We are most pleased to host this extraordinary guitar, "The Mission", here in the TNAG showroom! Inspired by the work of Frank Lloyd Wright, it was originally built for the Miami Art Basel Show and later featured in the 2021 Boutique Guitar Showcase, where we first saw it. All tonewoods Bryan uses are master-grade or higher. This G.4 (12-fret 00) model was crafted of German spruce and Brazilian rosewood, giving it a dark, lush tone with a strong bass and sweet highs. The unusual geometric appointments give this guitar a timeless feel, and are matched beautifully with an accompanying oak chair for both display and for performance. Inside this unusual piece is a hidden drawer, complete with wine bottle, decanter and glass.
- Model: G.4 (12-fret 00)
- Top: German spruce
- Back and sides: Brazilian rosewood
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Fretboard: Brazilian rosewood
- Fretboard radius: Compound 16" - 30"
- Frets: Nickel-silver
- Bridge: Brazilian rosewood
- Headstock veneer: Brazilian rosewood
- Tuners: Waverly
- Finish: Nitrocellulose
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-1/4"
- Lower bout: 14-1/2"
- Depth: 4-1/8"
- Serial number: 1807
- Case: AVS green hardshell
- Body: Quarter-sawn oak and glass
- Features: Guitar hanger on back; hidden drawer with decanter, glass and wine bottle
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- The G.4 model is a 12-fret 00 guitar, with a slight yet deep body to produce a rich tone
- All of Bryan's tonewoods are a minimum of master-grade, as is the case with this German spruce and Brazilian rosewood top
- A Frank Lloyd Wright inspired appointment package includes custom wood rosette, headstock inlay, fret marker and a dramatic Art Deco bridge
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours