This sensational Gibson mandolin is over a hundred years old and still singing with all the charm and zeal that accompanied it on its first outing to the world at large.
The red-stained carved Birch back and sides pair delightfully with the Spruce top, which has been finished in a very handsome, well played in black finish, a combination which lends itself perfectly to the now iconic, versatile and woody tone of this magnificent instrument.
This Mandolin is in great shape and comes in its original Hardshell Case.
- Birch back and sides with a red stain
- Spruce top with black finish
- Bound oval soundhole
- Double rope pattern on either side of solid Ivoroid ring
- Single Ivoroid binding on the body and neck
- Mahogany neck
- Ebony fretboard with pearl dot inlay
- Elevated pickguard with a point at bridge cutout
- Paddle-shaped peghead with Ebony veneer
- Abalone fleur-de-lis inlay on the peghead
- "The Gibson" logo in pearl script
- Inlaid tuner buttons
- One-piece compensated Ebony bridge
- Nickel-plated tailpiece with "The Gibson" engraved