Gibson Custom Shop Historic 1958 Les Paul Standard VOS Electric Guitar, Iced Tea - Pre-Owned
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
This beautiful Gibson Custom Shop Historic R8 is an incredible recreation of the legendary first year of Gibson's sunburst Les Paul model.
Featuring meticulous attention to detail and painstaking historical accuracy this Custom Shop guitar has an abundance of vintage feel and tone.
The body is made from a wonderful slab of Mahogany and fitted with Hide Glue to an elegant 2-piece plain Maple top, as would have been customary in 1958.
The Mahogany neck has a vintage correct fat C shape and is incredibly comfortable to play and contributes to the enormous sustain of this guitar. The fretboard is made of Indian Rosewood and with the Narrow/Tall frets feels very close indeed to its vintage counterpart.
Electrifying this fine instrument are a set of unpotted Gibson CustomBucker Alnico III pickups, specifically voiced to capture the iconic PAF tone associated with Gibsons Golden Era. Not as hot in output as later Gibson pickups and with all the shimmering clarity that set the original instruments apart, they make for an incredibly diverse range of tones and an ultimately versatile and formidable instrument.
The guitar comes with a Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch case.
- Top Material - 2-Piece Plain Maple, Hide Glue Fit
- Body Material - 1-Piece Mahogany
- Binding Style - 1-Ply Royalite
- Weight Relief - None
- Finish - Nitrocellulose VOS (Vintage Patina)
- Neck Material - Solid Mahogany
- Neck Profile - Chunky C-Shape
- Scale Length - 24.75" / 62.865cm
- Fingerboard Material - Indian Rosewood, Hide Glue Fit
- Fingerboard Radius - 12" / 304.8mm
- Number of Frets - 22
- Frets - Historic Gibson Narrow/Tall
- Nut Material - Nylon
- Nut Width - 1.687" / 42.85mm
- End-of-Board Width - 2.24" / 56.89mm
- Inlays - Aged Cellulose Nitrate Trapezoid
- Hardware - Nickel
- Bridge - No-Wire ABR-1
- Tailpiece - Lightweight Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuners - Kluson Single Line, Single Ring
- Pick Guard - Laminated Cellulose Acetate Butyrate
- Truss Rod Cover - Authentic Stepped 2-Ply
- Control Knobs - Butyrate Gold Top Hats
- Neck Pickup - Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Bridge Pickup - Custombucker Alnico III (Unpotted)
- Controls - CTS 500K Audio Taper Potentiometers, Paper-in-Oil Capacitors
- Case - Brown/Pink Lifton Reissue 5-Latch
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us