This F-4 from Gibson, made in the year of 1921, is an absolutely superb example of an oval-hole Mandolin.
Made up out of exquisitely figured Maple for the back and sides with a Carved Spruce top, this gorgeous instrument is not only a great looker, but a joy to play and tonally magnificent with the full, throaty and balanced tonality that has made these Mandolins so iconic.
This instrument is in stunning, well played condition and comes in its original Hardshell Case.
- Two point body
- Carved figured Maple back and sides with dark Mahogany sunburst
- Carved Spruce top
- Refinished top (was red, now black)
- Original large pickguard
- Oval sound hole with Ivoroid and wood rings
- Ivoroid binding on the body
- Fretboard and peghead
- Pearl dot inlay in the fretboard
- Treble-side extension
- Black peghead overlay with double flowerpot inlay in abalone pearl and slanted The Gibson logo
- Original nickel-plated tuning machines with plain (no inlay on the button)
- Adjustable Ebony bridge
- Nickel-plated tailpiece with engraved "The Gibson" logo