One of the first, if not the first Les Paul made with the 2015 Gibson True Historic/ Historic Select specs, featuring roasted back, sides, top, neck, and also full hide glue construction, ordered by a US shop that spent five years working with Gibson on the project.
The serial number of this guitar precedes the models with the MZ5000 serial numbers. Light in weight (8.4 lbs) and extremely resonant, this could very well be a Les Paul player's dream instrument.
- Double-carved, hand-sanded flame Maple top
- Double-carved, hand-sanded Mahogany neck
- Neck has softer hand-filed rolled fingerboard edges
- Two '59 Custom Bucker humbucking pickups
- 3-way switch 2 volume, 2 tone
- Re-engineered True Vintage top hat knobs
- Reformulated plastics not available in the regular historic series guitars
- Fully torrefied but for the fretboard
- Recessed pickup screws as in 1959
- Repositioned pickguard as in 1959
- The body is finished with aniline dye, which acts as both filler and stain
- Thinner lacquer wet-sanded by hand
- True Historic (thinner) peghead veneer
- Murphy-aged nitrocellulose finish
- Year of Build: 2015
- Top: Roasted Figured Maple
- Back & Sides: Roasted Mahogany
- Body Binding: Cream
- Neck: Roasted Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony (Not roasted); 22-frets; 12" radius; trapezoidal cellulose inlays
- Head Veneer: Ebony, unbound
- Fretboarding Binding: Cream
- Tuners: Nickel Kluson
- Bridge: ABR-1 bridge and aluminum stop tailpiece
- Saddle: Steel, individual
- Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Condition: Relic'd and Roasted