The Gibson J-45 has long been nicknamed “The Workhorse” by players, and for good reason. The instrument can take just about anything you throw at it. From simple strumming to fingerstyle and flatpicking, the J-45 can cover it. The guitar has long been favored by singer-songwriters, as its mellow sound fits perfectly beneath vocals.
This 2011 Gibson J-45 Standard has the signature Gibson acoustic sound. Chords are rich and resonant without becoming boomy, and it sounds woody and organic when played fingerstyle. It plays wonderfully up and down the neck, with plenty of room on the saddle to make adjustments. It’s stage-ready and comes equipped with an L.R. Baggs Element pickup system. The J-45 Standard is the perfect all-rounder and is a worthy addition to any collection. The guitar is in excellent condition and comes in a hardshell case.
- Back & Sides: Pattern-grade Honduran Mahogany
- Top: AA-grade Sitka Spruce with hand-scalloped, radiused bracing
- Year of build: 2011
- Rosette: Simple white rosette
- Body Binding: Single Ivoroid with b-w-b top purfling
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard Wood: Indian Rosewood fretboard with dot inlays
- Head Veneer: Ebony with Mother of Pearl Gibson logo
- Tuners: Nickel Grovers
- Bridge: Rosewood reverse belly with pearl dots in bridge feet
- Pins: Cream plastic
- Saddle Material: Compensated Bone
- Nut Material: Graphtec
- Pickguard: Tortoise color
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Scale Length: 24.9"