Talking specs with Michael Greenfield is always a pleasure. As we were discussing our next custom build with him he casually let slip that he is expecting a delivery of the finest old-growth Cocobolo.
It was a short conversation after that...
Here are the specs
- Model G2
- 25.8â€ scale
- Moon harvested Alpine spruce soundboard
- Billet-split, spruce bracing (no run-out)
- Special reserve cocobolo back
- Special reserve cocobolo sides laminated with EIR
- Radially braced back plate with proprietary Greenfield Tone Halo tm
- Laskin inspired arm rest
- Ebony body bindings
- Contrasting, mitered, wood purflings
- Greenfield, proprietary spalted Beech and abalone rosette
- Compound 16â€ â€“ 20â€ radius, quarter-sawn ebony fingerboard bound with ebony
- 13/4â€ nut width
- 21/4â€ string spacing at bridge.
- Hand carved, Honduran Mahogany, carbon graphite reinforced neck
- â€œStandardâ€ neck profile
- Hand carved heel â€œswooshâ€
- Double veneered peghead.
- Ebony peghead overlay, w/ â€œgâ€ logo
- Adjustable, 2 way, non-compressive truss rod
- Ebony, string-through bridge (inspired by the designs of Steve Klein)
- Â¼â€ bone nut and saddle
- Gold, delta series Gotoh 510 tuners with ebonoid buttons (21:1 ratio)
- Custom fit Accord flight case.