This Greenfield G2 Cutaway acoustic guitar features a gorgeous set of African Blackwood for the back and sides and a wonderful Alpine Moon Spruce top.
It is rare that we are speechless here at The North American Guitar and it is even rarer that we have a Greenfield guitar in the showroom available. It is hard to describe perfection, but if it was in the form of a guitar then we are looking at it. Michael Greenfield is at the pinnacle of his building career and consistently producing guitars that quite literally seem to transcend the player into the stratosphere.
This G2 in African Blackwood and Moon spruce is one of the most beautiful guitars I have ever held. Its voice is sophisticated and articulate, powerful yet not overwhelming and the richness of the blackwood and moon spruce combination produces exceptional sustain and some of the sweetest overtones we have heard before. It is a complete powerhouse!
- Model G2
- Moon harvested Alpine spruce soundboard
- Florentine cutaway
- Reserve grade African Blackwood back
- Reserve grade African Blackwood sides, laminated
- Radially braced back plate with proprietary Greenfield Tone Halo
- Laskin inspired arm rest
- Ebony body bindings
- Fine violin line body purflings
- Greenfield, proprietary spalted Beech and blue paua rosette
- Compound 16” – 20” radius, quarter-sawn ebony fingerboard
- 1 3/4” nut width
- 2 1/4” string spacing at bridge.
- Honduran Mahogany, carbon graphite reinforced neck
- 'Standard' neck profile
- Hand carved heel 'swoosh'
- Double veneered peghead
- Ebony peghead overlay, w/ “g” logo
- Custom fit flight case