Greenfield GF, Padauk & Moon Harvested Alpine Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 11 months
Michael Greenfield's exquisitely crafted guitars have ended up in the hands of players like Andy McKee, and it's not hard to see why. With a full scale length, and a body size slightly larger than a standard OM, Michael describes the GF model as "the essential Greenfield guitar". It's capable of tackling just about anything, but notably delightful as a fingerstyle soloist's instrument.
Alpine spruce, harvested at a time during the lunar cycle when sap is low, forms the soundboard, while a set of richly red African padauk forms the back and sides. The treble strings respond easily and quickly, and sustain with simple clarity, while the bass and mids bloom and ring out with rich overtones. Played with the fingers, there's clear note separation. Use a flatpick, and you get a satisfyingly crisp attack.
The Florentine cutaway is visually matched with a distinctively curved bridge, and a proprietary rosette of spalted beech and paua centers the whole design. This guitar ships out in a one-of-a-kind custom flight case with paint spatter design.
- Model: GF, 14-fret
- Top: Alpine moon spruce
- Back and sides: Padauk
- Neck: Honduran mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony with compound 16-20" radius
- Bridge: Ebony
- Binding: Ebony
- Scale length: 25.6" (650mm)
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing at bridge: 2-3/16"
- Lower bout: 15-1/4"
- Depth: 4-5/16"
- Cutaway: Florentine
- Rosette: Spalted beech and paua
- Truss rod: Adjustable two-way
- Tuners: Gold 510 w/ ebony buttons
- Case: Custom fit Main Stage flight case w/ paint spatter
- Serial number: 327
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Michael's versatile GF design, slightly larger than a standard OM, suits a variety of genres and playing styles
- A proprietary spalted beech rosette and distinctively curved bridge and cutaway offset the beauty of the tonewoods
- Alpine spruce, harvested during a full moon, is paired with fiery-hued padauk