Greenfield GF, Sapele Mahogany & Alpine Moon Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Michael Greenfield's exquisitely crafted guitars have ended up in the hands of players like Andy McKee, and it's not hard to see why. With a full scale length, and a body size slightly larger than a standard OM, Michael describes the GF model as "the essential Greenfield guitar". It's capable of tackling just about anything, but notably delightful as a fingerstyle soloist's instrument.
Alpine spruce, harvested at a time during the lunar cycle when sap is low, forms the soundboard, while a set delicately figured sapele forms the back and sides. Fans of mahogany would do well to consider this less common tonewood. Noted for having a warmth and midrange focus like mahogany's, many players find it has a boost of treble clarity and sparkle. For fingerstyle players, there is delectable note separation and bell-like sustain, and for strummers, a nice crisp attack and big, open sound.
The Florentine cutaway is visually matched with a distinctively curved bridge, and a proprietary rosette of spalted beech and paua centers the whole design. This guitar ships out in a one-of-a-kind custom flight case with paint spatter design.
- Model: GF, 14-fret
- Soundboard: Moon harvested Alpine spruce
- Back and sides: Sapele mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany, carbon graphite reinforced
- Neck profile: "Standard"
- Fretboard: Quarter-sawn ebony, compound 16"-20" radius
- Tuners: Gold Greenfield "G" tuners (21:1 ratio) w/ ebony buttons
- Peghead veneer: Ebony
- Rosette: Proprietary spalted beech and blue paua
- Body binding: Ebony
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-3/16"
- Upper bout width/depth: 11.5”
- Lower bout width/depth: 15.375” / 4.375”
- Length: 19.5"
- Case: Custom fit Main Stage flight case
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Michael describes the slightly-larger-than-OM GF as the "essential Greenfield guitar" - versatile and complex
- Moon-harvested Alpline spruce and sapele mahogany provide a tone that's warm, crystal clear, and with just the right amount of nuance and overtones
- Greenfield's signature rosette of spalted beech and abalone and dramatically curved bridge and headstock add the perfect visual distinction
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours