Greenfield GF Cutaway, Ziricote & Moon Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Michael Greenfield's exquisitely crafted guitars have ended up in the hands of players like Andy McKee, and it's not hard to see why. With a full scale length, and a body size slightly larger than a standard OM, Michael describes the GF model as "the essential Greenfield guitar". It's capable of tackling just about anything, but notably delightful as a fingerstyle soloist's instrument.
Alpine spruce, harvested at a time during the lunar cycle when sap is low, forms the soundboard, while beautifully figured ziricote forms the back and sides. Appreciated by classical guitarists for many years, Central American ziricote is often remarked as having a similar sustain and ringing clarity as ebony or Brazilian rosewood. And indeed, this GF is almost as orchestral as could be. Notes begin with a crisp, focused attack, but then bloom with lush overtones before slowly decaying away.
The Florentine cutaway is visually matched with a distinctively curved bridge, and a proprietary rosette of spalted beech and paua centers the whole design. This guitar ships out in a custom flight case with paint spatter design.
- Model: GF, 14-fret
- Top: Moon harvested Alpine spruce
- Back and sides: Ziricote
- Neck: Mahogany, carbon graphite reinforced
- Neck profile: "Standard" (low D)
- Fretboard: Ebony (quarter-sawn)
- Radius: Compound 16"-20"
- Binding: Ebony
- Purfling: Wood
- Rosette: Proprietary Greenfield spalted beech and paua
- Peghead overlay: Ebony
- Truss rod: Adjustable two-way
- Nut and saddle material: Unbleached bone
- Tuners: Gold Gotoh 510 with ebony buttons
- Scale length: 25.6" (650mm)
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-1/4"
- Upper bout width/depth: 11.5”
- Lower bout width/depth: 15.375” / 4.375”
- Length: 19.5"
- Serial number: 337
- Case: Custom fit Main Stage flight case (paint spatter)
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Standard scale with a body slightly larger than a standard OM, and generous Florentine cutaway, make for a versatile guitar design
- Alpine moon spruce and Central American ziricote provide an orchestral, lush tone with incredible dynamic power
- Michael's proprietary spalted beech and paua rosette takes center stage, with ebony bindings and peghead overlay adding clean elegance
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours