Greenfield Newport 15" Archtop, Flamed Maple & European Spruce - Pre-Owned
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
As if Michael Greenfield's fine guitars weren't rare enough already, getting to showcase one of his archtops is a real treat. He doesn't currently offer them on his site as a custom build, with most out there, like this one, having been built around 2007-2010. He drew on classic archtop design and aesthetics, putting his stamp on the guitar through his peerless craftsmanship. At just 15" wide in the lower bout and 3" at the deepest point, it sits incredibly comfortable under the right arm, while having a dynamic, articulate voice belying its modest size. The exceptional tonewoods could use a paragraph of their own. Both top and back and side woods were hand-carved and graduated. Master-grade, air-dried European spruce forms the top, while special AAAAA-grade West Coast curly big leaf maple was used for the back and sides.
A custom wound Kent Armstrong pickup offers "stealth" control with volume and tone knob tucked under the pickguard. This Newport is currently set up with flatwound strings. The condition is excellent, with no issues or fret wear to note.
- Body: 15" Newport archtop w/ cutaway
- Top: Master-grade European spruce
- Back and sides: AAAAA-grade big leaf maple
- Neck: Laminated maple w/ carbon graphite reinforcement
- Fretboard: Ebony w/ compound radius
- Bridge: Macassar ebony, floating/adjustable
- Binding: Maple
- Purfling: Contrasting, mitered wood
- Tailpiece: Macassar ebony with graphite hinge
- Pickguard: Macassar ebony
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 1:21 ratio w/ ebony buttons
- Peghead overlay: Ebony
- Pickup: Custom wound Kent Armstrong floating Alnico 3 humbucking pickup, with 12 adjustable pole pieces
- Bracing: Hand-carved Adirondack spruce
- Finish: "Frosted Mango" lacquer with "toasted" highlights
- Scale length: 25"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing at bridge: 2-1/16"
- Lower bout: 15"
- Depth: 2.5-3"
- Serial number: 109
- Year of build: 2007
- Case: Custom fit Calton (white with black speckle)
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us