Iris AB Burst, Mahogany & Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
If there's one company that knows how to craft a mean vintage-inspired guitar, it's Adam Buchwald and his team at Iris Guitars in Burlington, VT (with none other than Dale Fairbanks responsible for Iris's enviable sunbursts). Their AB model, the third in their lineup and introduced last year, is essentially a small jumbo. With a spruce top, figured mahogany back and sides, narrow nut and a shorter 25" scale, it's a great option for the flatpicker who wants to throw in the occasional fingerstyle piece, or vice versa. One would be hard pressed to find an instrument so well-constructed at such a modest price, and Iris guitars are quickly becoming a TNAG shop favorite.
- Model: AB (small jumbo)
- Soundboard: Sitka or European spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Neck profile: Full C
- Fretboard: Katalox
- Tuners: Golden Age Relic Brass with off white buttons
- Nut material: Bone
- Peg head veneer: Mahogany
- Pickguard: Firestripe
- Rosette: 3-ply
- Purfling: B/W/B
- Body binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge: Katalox, bar
- Pins: Off white plastic
- Saddle material: Bone
- Saddle type: Drop-in, compensated
- Brace pattern: Scalloped Adirondack spruce X-pattern
- Scale length: 25"
- Nut width: 1.6875"
- String spacing: 2-5/32"
- Lower bout: 16-1/8"
- Depth: 4-5/8"
- Serial number: 209
- Case: TKL hardcase
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Iris' AB model is a small jumbo, with a 16-1/8" wide lower bout and 4-5/8" depth
- Classic spruce and beautifully figured mahogany provide crisp, woody tone
- Iris' enviable sunburst is topped with a satin finish and firestripe pickguard for bold vintage appeal
This product listing was written by Jordan. If you’d like to talk to Jordan about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Jordan about this guitar
Iris Guitar Company
Iris Guitars are the new production model manufactured by Circle Strings. Every Iris guitar is made by hand in Burlington, Vermont in the same small shop as Circle Strings and Creston Guitars, with the same fine attention to detail and quality as those world-class instruments.