Iris DF Burst, Mahogany & Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
A former luthier at Froggy Bottom Guitars, repairman at Retrofret of NYC, and founder of Circle Strings, Adam Buchwald knows his way around boutique, custom, and vintage guitars. Iris was birthed out of a desire to bring the same high quality build and craftsmanship to a more affordable line of guitars, and this Iris DF is no exception. Holding its ground as one of the largest body shapes in the Iris lineup, this J-45 sized slope shoulder dread emits a powerful and robust voice. Its European Spruce top, and Honduran Mahogany back and sides give this guitar a heightened amount of responsiveness, resonance, and touch sensitivity, making it an excellent choice for flatpickers and fingerstyle players alike. Outfitted in a gorgeous burst finish with a soft matte finish, this Iris DF has the look, feel, and tone of a true vintage-inspired instrument.
- Body: 14-fret slope-shouldered dreadnought
- Top: European or Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany with full C profile
- Fretboard: Katalox, 16" radius
- Tuners: Golden Age Relic Brass Tuners with off white buttons
- Pickguard: Firestripe
- Rosette and purfling: B/W/B
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Bridge: Katalox
- Pins: Off-white plastic
- Saddle type: Drop in, compensated
- Brace pattern: Scalloped X
- Scale length: 25"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-5/32"
- Year of build: 2021
- Serial number: 191
- Case: TKL
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Iris' DF is a slope-shouldered dread reminiscent of a J-45 - big, powerful, but with a 25" scale, it's got the versatility for an array of playing styles
- Lightly constructed of spruce and Honduran mahogany for a dry, clear, and woody voice
- Satin finished with an enviable sunburst and a bit of ivoroid binding to make it all pop, this guitar has some serious vintage good looks
This product listing was written by Jordan. If you’d like to talk to Jordan about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Jordan about this guitar
Iris Guitar Company
Iris Guitars are the new production model manufactured by Circle Strings. Every Iris guitar is made by hand in Burlington, Vermont in the same small shop as Circle Strings and Creston Guitars, with the same fine attention to detail and quality as those world-class instruments.