Iris DF Custom 12-Fret, European Spruce & Mahogany
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 11 months
A former luthier at Froggy Bottom Guitars, repairman at Retrofret of NYC, and founder of Circle Strings, Adam Buchwald knows his way around boutique, custom, and vintage guitars. Iris was birthed out of a desire to bring the same high quality build and craftsmanship to a more affordable line of guitars, and this Iris DF is no exception. Holding its ground as one of the largest body shapes in the Iris lineup, this J-45 sized slope-shoulder dread emits a powerful and robust voice. Its European spruce top, and Honduran mahogany back and sides give this guitar a heightened amount of responsiveness, resonance, and touch sensitivity, making it an excellent choice for flatpickers and fingerstyle players alike. Outfitted in a gorgeous burst with a soft matte finish, plus a slotted headstock, this Iris DF has the look, feel, and tone of a true vintage-inspired instrument.
- Model: 12-fret dreadnought
- Top: European spruce
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing at bridge: 2-5/32"
- Scale length: 25"
- Depth: 4-7/8"
- Lower bout: 16.25"
- Year of build: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- From the slotted headstock to the sunburst with satin finish, this guitar has serious vintage appeal
- European spruce and mahogany are paired clarity and mid-range focus
- The slope-shouldered 12-fret dreadnought design packs a dynamic punch, combined with playability that makes this an incredibly versatile guitar
Iris Guitar Company
Iris Guitars are the new production model manufactured by Circle Strings. Every Iris guitar is made by hand in Burlington, Vermont in the same small shop as Circle Strings and Creston Guitars, with the same fine attention to detail and quality as those world-class instruments.