Iris DE-11 Dan Erlewine Model, Mahogany & Adirondack Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Dan’s first signature guitar, based on his beloved 1937 Kalamazoo KG-11, features a 1930s V-shaped neck, Rickard rear-mount banjo tuning machines, an Adirondack spruce top, a satin finish, as well as Honduran mahogany back, sides, and neck. Most intriguing, its neck extends past the nut before transitioning into the ears of the peghead, and threaded brass inserts in the fingerboard accept screw-down capos. “It’s the most musical new guitar I’ve ever owned,” says Erlewine.
- Model: DE-11
- Soundboard: Adirondack spruce
- Back and sides: Honduran mahogany
- Neck: Honduran mahogany with V profile
- Fretboard: Katalox with built-in capo system
- Tuners: Rickard rear-mounted banjo tuning machines
- Peghead veneer: Mahogany
- Pickguard: Firestripe
- Rosette: Checker
- Purfling: B/W/B
- Body binding: White plastic
- Bridge: Katalox, bar
- Pins: Off white plastic
- Saddle and nut material: Bone
- Saddle type: Drop in, compensated
- Brace pattern: Ladder
- Nut width: 1.75"
- String spacing: 2-5/32"
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Case: TKL hardshell
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Iris Guitar Company
Iris Guitars are the new production model manufactured by Circle Strings. Every Iris guitar is made by hand in Burlington, Vermont in the same small shop as Circle Strings and Creston Guitars, with the same fine attention to detail and quality as those world-class instruments.