Iris OG, All Mahogany
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Handbuilt in Burlington, Vermont USA, Iris Guitars seek to bring expert American lutherie to the world of affordable acoustic guitars and do so with a stripped back, straightforward approach that yields aesthetically and sonically stunning results.
The OG is Iris' flagship model and this particular example features all mahogany construction in a shape inspired by vintage L-00 style guitars. The satin finish is applied with the pores of the wood left open giving the guitar a very organic feel and makes for a very lively response. Tonally, the mahogany OG has a balanced and warm tone, while retaining a lovely vintage character for a versatile and engaging playing experience, sitting equally great in a band mix or simply supporting a vocal with the stellar playability making it effortless to do so!
- Model: OG
- Soundboard: Mahogany
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany with full C profile
- Fretboard: Katalox
- Tuners: Golden Age Relic Brass with off white buttons
- Peghead veneer: Mahogany
- Pickguard: Fire stripe
- Rosette: 3-ply
- Purfling: B/W/B
- Body binding: White
- Bridge: Katalox, bar
- Pins: Off-white plastic
- Saddle and nut material: Bone
- Saddle type: Drop In, Compensated
- Brace pattern: Scalloped Adirondack spruce X bracing
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-5/32"
- Scale length: 25"
- Serial number: 231
- Case: TKL hardshell
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Inspired by the L-00, Iris' modern take on the design is light and effortlessly playable
- The all mahogany construction means pure woody, mid-range focused tone
- The satin finish is applied with the pores of the wood left open giving the guitar a very organic feel and makes for a very lively response
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Kim about this guitar
Iris Guitar Company
Iris Guitars are the new production model manufactured by Circle Strings. Every Iris guitar is made by hand in Burlington, Vermont in the same small shop as Circle Strings and Creston Guitars, with the same fine attention to detail and quality as those world-class instruments.