Handbuilt in Burlington, Vermont USA, Iris Guitars seek to bring expert American Luthierie to the world of affordable acoustic guitars and do so with a stripped back, straight forward approach that yields aesthetically and sonically stunning results.
The OG is Iris' flagship model and features a Mahogany back and sides coupled with a Spruce top in a shape inspired by vintage L-00 style guitars. The satin finish is applied with the pores of the wood left open giving the guitar a very organic feel and makes for a very lively response, and in this instance, is a gorgeous '30s inspired dark Tobacco Sunburst.
Tonally, the OG has a well rounded and punchy tone with a lovely vintage character for a versatile and engaging playing experience, sitting equally great in a band mix or simply supporting a vocal with the stellar playability making it effortless to do so!
The OG comes in a fitted TKL Hardcase.
- European Spruce or Sitka Soundboard
- Scalloped Adirondack Spruce Braces
- Mahogany Neck & Blocks
- Katalox Fretboard and Bar Bridge (a fine alternative to ebony/rosewood and can be shipped anywhere)
- B/W/B Top Purfling
- Tortoise, White, Black Plastic Binding
- B/W/B Purfling Rosette
- Small Plastic Dots on Fingerbaord
- Tortoise Pickguard
- Bone Nut and Compensated Saddle
- White Plastic Bridge Pins
- Bolt on Mortise and Tenon Neck Joint
- Grover Sta-Tite Tuners or White Button Golden age Tuners
- Satin Finish with NO pore filling
- 25" Scale Length
- 1 11/16" Nut Width ( 1 3/4” Available)
- 2 5/32 Spacing at Bridge