Jewitt 000-12, White Oak & Adirondack Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Jeff Jewitt nicknamed this guitar "Crunch", showing off its wonderful capabilities as a slide blues guitar in teaser videos on Instagram before bringing it our way! White oak isn't a tonewood we see often, but combined with Adirondack, it really has something special. As Jeff says, "When paired with Adi, small-bodied guitars like this 12-fret 000 have a bark and bite that really screams 'the blues'. And it flatpicks like a dread!" The combination of a 12-fret neck join, standard 25.4" scale and Adirondack top mean this guitar has some serious punch and dynamic range, no matter how you play it. Finishing it off is a Mission-style satin finish on the back and sides, contrasted by the dark, amber sunburst gloss top. Ziricote appears for the fretboard, bridge, and end wedge, while a simple ebony binding ties it all together. "Crunch" has excellent playability, versatile tone, and an understated but unusual look all its own.
- Model: 12-fret 000
- Top: Adirondack (red) spruce
- Back and sides: White oak (quarter-sawn)
- Neck: Honduran mahogany (shaded)
- Neck profile: Slim taper "C" (Depth - 1st .80, 7th - .917, 9th - 1.2)
- Fretboard: Ziricote, 16" radius
- Frets: Gold EVO
- Tuners: Gotoh 510 Mini
- Bridge: Ziricote
- Pins: White ivoroid
- Nut and saddle material: Bone
- Binding: Ebony
- Bracing: Scalloped/tapered red spruce
- Bridge plate: Maple
- Rosette: Segmented wenge w/ BWB purfling
- End wedge: Ziricote
- Peghead overlay: Ebony w/ MOP inlay (front), rosewood (back)
- Truss rod: Two-way adjustable (4mm wrench)
- Finish: Buffed gloss top, satin body and neck
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-1/4" at 12th fret, 2-5/16" at bridge
- Body length: 20-1/4"
- Lower bout: 14-7/8"
- Depth: 4"
- Serial number: 220443
- Case: Black hardshell
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Folding together both an art and science background, not only does Jeff Jewitt build fine acoustic guitars, he has formulated colorants used by the guitar industry and is sought after as both a finish consultant and teacher.