Jewitt OM, Brazilian Rosewood & Torrefied Adirondack Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Luthier Jeff Jewitt is an accomplished woodworker on many fronts, not just building and repairing guitars, but running a successful furniture restoration business, developing a line of wood dye stains used by numerous luthiers and major brands (including Gibson and Santa Cruz), as well as writing and teaching through the Galloup School and more. That thorough and multi-disciplinary approach has clearly paid off in his fine guitars. His OM will please any fan of the traditional, Martin-inspired sound, and as well as players who want a versatile instrument that will toggle seamlessly from fingers to a flatpick. Thoroughly well-balanced, there's an articulate woodiness, with a hint of darkness and clear sustain thanks to the Brazilian rosewood. The neck starts off with a soft V near the nut, gradually smoothing out to a C shape by the time you pass the 7th fret—a design that makes cowboy chords and blazing lead lines up high equally easy to execute.
- Model: 14-fret OM
- Top: Torrefied Adirondack spruce
- Back and sides: Brazilian rosewood
- Neck: One-piece mahogany w/ soft V into C shape, semi-gloss finish
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Frets: Gold EVO
- Nut and saddle material: Bone
- Bridge: Brazilian rosewood
- Pins: Bone with abalone black dot
- Rosette: Figured walnut
- Purfling: B/W/B
- Peghead veneer: Brazilian rosewood w/ MOP inlay
- Tuners: Gotoh 510
- Finish: Gloss, buffed
- Scale length: 25.4"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-1/4"
- Lower bout: 15"
- Depth: 4-5/16"
- Case: TKL hardshell
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Jeff's OM is an excellent example of the timeless design, with a 15" lower bout and 4-5/16" depth providing balance and clarity
- Torrefied Adirondack spruce and Brazilian rosewood create a voice with delectable warmth, woodiness and just a hint of dark sustain
- A simple figured walnut rosette and B/W/B purfling are a perfect accent for this tradtional guitar
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours
Email Lindsay about this guitar
Jeff has immersed himself in the music instrument business for over 30 years. Folding together both an art and science background, not only does he build fine acoustic guitars, he has formulated colorants used by the guitar industry and is sought after as both a finish consultant and teacher.