This gorgeous Model J Mandolin from Kimble is an open, loud and woody sounding instrument with heaps of character.
Visually, this 2-Point Mandolin strikes a balances between vintage and modern mirrored in the versatile tone. The varnish finish lets the stunning woods speak for themselves and with a subtle sunburst around the body accentuation the figuring of the maple and sweet tight grain of the spruce.
As always with a Kimble, the playability is sublime and feels comfortable and articulate all the way through with great intonation.
- Top: Red Spruce
- Back & Sides: Flamed Red Maple
- Body Binding: Tortoise Colour
- Neck: Flamed Maple
- Fretboard: Ebony w/ Pearl Dots
- Head Veneer: Ebony w/ Abalone Inlay
- Fretboard Binding: Tortoise Colour
- Tuners: Nickel-Plated w/ Black Buttons
- Bridge: Ebony Adjustable
- Nut: Bone
- Pickguard: Ebony w/ Tort Binding
- Nut Width: 1 3/32"
- Scale Length: Mandolin Scale