Built by Stephen Kinnaird in his Nacogdoches, Texas workshop, this gorgeous OM features a set of Curly Claro Walnut for the back and sides paired with a light Engelmann Spruce top.
Sonically the guitar guitar has a very well rounded, deep and resounding tone, with great note definition and clarity from the punchy lows through the complex chime in the higher registers. The guitar remains balanced with plenty of headroom even under heavy handed flatpicking, and at the other end of the spectrum sounds sweet and open when a lighter touch is applied.
It's a delightful instrument to play, and under the left hand plays smooth and inviting all the way through to the far end of the board. Up at the dusty end, even on the treble strings this Kinnaird OM presents each note with a full body and lively voice, truly inspiring for leads or adventurous open-tuned pieces.
- Top - Engelmann Spruce
- Back & sides - Curly Claro Walnut
- Neck - Walnut with American Sycamore stripe
- Fretboard - Macassar Ebony
- Case - Cedar Creek hard case
- Frets to the body - 14
- Scale length - 25.4"
- Neck profile - C/D
- Nut width - 45.5mm
- Nut spacing - 7.8mm
- Bridge spacing - 11.4mm
- Action fret 1 low E - 0.2mm
- Action fret 12 low E - 1.5mm
- Action fret 1 high E - 0.15mm
- Action fret 12 high E - 1.35mm
- Lower bout width - 15.25"
- Upper bout width - 11.22"
- Body depth at base - 4.53"