Kraus 0000, Koa & Sitka Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
When New York-based luthier Bill Kraus mentioned he was in town to visit, we were thrilled with the opportunity to meet another builder whose name we'd only seen on the guitar show rosters. Judging by his credentials (Bill completed the Roberto-Venn School of Luthiery intensive course in 2003) and his beautiful website, we had a good feeling about the guitar he was bringing us to check out. To our delight, though, his koa and Sitka spruce 0000 quickly became the new shop favorite, with even the hard-to-please Nick calling it "without fault"!
Taking inspiration from Martin, this 0000 is perfect for anyone looking for the balance and clarity of an OM, but with added bass oomph and volume you get from that extra inch across the lower bout. Rippling koa on the back is beautifully matched by amber Sitka, and the tone is warm and even across the registers, with no notes overpowering others. Playability of the low profile neck is effortless and smooth, with classic 1-3/4" nut and 2-3/16" string spacing to equally facilitate both fingerstyle and pick use. An abalone rosette and gold Gotoh tuners add the perfect finishing touches.
- Top: Sitka spruce
- Back and sides: Koa
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Bindings and trim: Indian rosewood
- Purfling: Koa
- Neck: One-piece Honduran mahogany
- Bolt-on mortise and tenon joint
- Tuners: Gold Gotoh 510s
- Frets: EVO gold
- Rosette: Abalone
- Scale length: 25.34"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-3/16"
- Fretboard radius: 12"
- Lower bout: 16"
- Depth: 4"
- Case: TKL hardshell
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Inspired by the Martin 0000 or M, Bill's 0000 is perfect for anyone wanting the comfort and balance of the OM with a little added volume and bass
- Sitka spruce is paired with koa, for a warm, clear and balanced voice comparable to a mahogany guitar—but with a little more sparkle
- Dark wood binding, abalone rosette and gold tuners add a beautiful, understated finishing touch
Taking inspiration from classic Martin and Gibson designs, luthier Bill Kraus is hand-crafting incredible guitars in his workshop up in the Rust Belt region of New York state.