Lame Horse Saddle Pal, Cocobolo & Italian Alpine Spruce
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
The "oldest and best selling model" from our friends at Lame Horse, the Saddle Pal is a delightful 12-fret, small bodied guitar that, as they put it, "just doesn't know it is a small guitar". At 13" wide in the lower bout, with a graceful sloping cutaway, while this guitar may look unusual, the easy playability will quickly make it feel familiar. A chimey tone with enviable clarity is achieved with a stark Italian Alpine spruce top and gorgeous cocobolo back and sides. The offset soundhole, boldly decked out in turquoise and pearl, isn't the only way for sound to exit the body of this guitar--a pair of upward facing soundports bring the sound directly to the player's ears.
This guitar sports additional unique proprietary features. To adjust the truss rod, there is a hex nut below the fifteenth fret and behind the neck heel that you adjust with an included wrench. The rear access panel "makes it very easy to visualize and work on the inside of [our] acoustic guitars" as well as install a pickup system. To finish it off, this Lame Horse comes in a custom turquoise Calton case.
- Top: Italian Alpine spruce
- Back and sides: Cocobolo
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck: Seven-piece Honduran mahogany
- Binding: Rocklite ebano
- Tuners: Graphtech Ratio Lame Horse Custom
- Nut material: Bone
- Saddle material: Graphtech Tusq 3/16"
- Bridge: Texas honey mesquite
- Construction: Hot hide glue
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing at bridge: 2-1/4"
- Body length: 20"
- Lower bout: 13"
- Depth: 4.125"
- Features: Rear access panel, slotted headstock
- Case: Calton custom turquoise travel
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- The "small guitar that doesn't know it's a small guitar", the Saddle Pal has parlor-dimensions but a full voice all its own
- Italian Alpine spruce and cocobolo offer up a chimey, crystal clear tone
- From the turquoise rosette to the decorated rear access panel, this is a visually stunning guitar unlike any other
This product listing was written by Lindsay. If you’d like to talk to Lindsay about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours