Lay's Custom T-Style Natural Burst Thinline
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Lay's Customs are hand built in Akron, OH, using all high quality components and exceptional tonewoods. This sunburst T-Style Thinline is an incredibly unique build with a ton more going on beyond its traditional T-Style looks. The black korina (limba) body is chambered with a beautiful flamed redwood top, providing a warm, open, almost hollow-body type sound, and keeping the weight down to an incredible 5lbs-14oz. The BrandonWound Custom pickups were wound exclusively for Lay's Customs and are a slightly overwound set compared to traditional Tele pickups, which helps to smooth out the highs and provide big full low end while still retaining that signature spank you'd expect. With its chambered construction the T-Style Thinline can do everything from country to rock and even jazz and not skip a beat.
- Top: Flamed redwood
- Body: Black korina/limba
- Neck: Torrified maple
- Neck profile: Medium C
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard inlays: Border block
- Fingerboard radius: 12”
- Finish: Dark sunburst
- Bridge: Wilkinson T-Style
- Pickups: BrandonWound Custom exclusively for Lay’s Guitar
- Wiring: Volume/tone 3-way switch
- Nut width: 1-11/16”
- Scale length: 25-1/2”
- Tuners: Kluson vintage style
- Case: TKL hardshell
- Year: 2021
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- The pickups are slightly overwound to eliminate the piercing highs that Teles can make without losing that Tele personality. Both pickups were custom wound by Jared at BrandonWound Custom Pickups exclusively for Lay’s Guitar.
- The T-Style Thinline has a chambered Black Korina/Limba body, beautiful flamed Redwood top, and a highly figured torrefied maple neck with rosewood fretboard.
- Thinline Construction
- Don't be fooled by the lack of f-holes on the T-Style Thinline-- it's a fully chambered instrument that provides a big, almost hollow-body type sound out of a comparatively small and incredibly lightweight guitar. It's an exceptionally versatile electric.