Widely regarded as one of the finest finish artists in the business, Scott Lentz has been a highly acclaimed electric guitar builder for the past 40 years and for the last 20, has been building alongside his son Scott Jr in San Marcos, California.
This Reserve 'S' Style is a true testament to the sheer dedication and meticulous work of this father/son duo, with exceptional, premium grade woods that have been cabinet aged for at least 25 years and with aligned grains to ensure maximum resonance transfer from neck to body.
This particular instrument features a One-Piece Alder body and an absolutely sensational Flamed Maple neck with an absolutely delightful chunky Soft 'V' shape profile that plays as good, if not even better than it looks!
The pickups in this instrument are a hand-wound set of 'Lentz Reserve' Single Coils, and nail the sparkle and chime of the very best vintage s-type, while maintaining a sizeable low end and exquisite response with an inspiring dynamic range.
In the world of 'bolt-on' guitars, this really is one to look out for.
The guitar comes in fantastic condition and in its original G&G Hardcase.
- Lentz Reserve S’ Style Guitar: Woods used in Reserve guitars are a minimum of 25 years old, body and neck selected for each guitar (grain direction, weight, compatibility etc)
- Body: Alder one-piece
- Color: Three tone (Reserve) sunburst
- Neck: One-piece uber flame maple (cabinet aged) – 12” radius – 1.687 at the nut - .880 at the first fret – Soft V ’56 profile
- Dots: Black Phenolic
- Nut: Bone
- Frets: 6100 Jescar
- Bridge: Callaham Vintage Tremolo
- Pickups: Lentz Reserve: Front, alnico-5 5.56k – Middle, alnico-5 5.63k – Lead, alnico-2 10.00k (43 AWG)
- Pickguard: 3-ply Wht/Blk/Wht
- Switch: 5-way
- Hardware: Lentz, Callaham, Gotoh
- Electronics: Matching potentiometers with oil + paper capacitors
- G&G case