This guitar is based loosely on the Gibson Nick Lucas model. It features some seriously-figured Maple back and sides, with a 4.25" depth at the neck, ad a 4.625" depth at the end block.
The inlay is an art deco design Leo found and liked better than the original Nick Lucas inlay. The carving on the back of the headstock is of a grayhead coneflower, honoring Leo's original company name, Wildflower Custom Instruments.
This Nick Lucas was purchased new from Cotten Music in 2013.
A sound port has been added in the upper left bout by Custom Fretted Instruments and Repair in Sparta, TN. The inside of the upper bout has been reinforced with Maple around the sound port, so it is well supported. A Zero-Glide has been installed in this guitar, but the original is in the case.
- Top: Adirondack Spruce
- Back & Sides: Highly figured Maple
- Rosette: simple ring rosette
- Binding: Ivoroid
- Neck: Maple
- Freboard: Ebony with abalone pearl "cloud" inlay
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony with pearl and abalone clouds in and Leo Posch name in pearl
- Neck Binding: Ivoroid
- Tuners: nickel Waverlys with Ivoroid buttons
- Bridge: Ebony straight bridge
- Bridge Pins: Ivoroid with abalone pearl
- Saddle: Bone cut-through
- Nut: Bone
- Pickguard: Firestrip
- Nut Width: 1-3/4"
- Scale Length: 24.8"