This Lowden F-50 sports a stunning Master Grade Redwood top paired with a Master Grade set of African Blackwood for the back and sides.
Being part of Lowden's "50" series the guitar showcases the very best of what George and his team have to offer in tonewoods and craftsmanship, with every meticulous detail and construction choice reflective of the years of experience and commitment to the craft.
The tonal qualities of the Master Grade Redwood top are not dissimilar to Cedar, however the detail and clarity in the trebles are much more pronounced. Paired with the Master Grade African Blackwood back and sides, the resulting tone is warm and rich with overtones, perfect for the fingerstyle player while also responding wonderfully to a flatpick.
The GL Fingerstyle neck profile feels wonderful under the hand and plays smoothly all the way through, with the slightly wider than normal spacing giving plenty of room and manoeuvrability for more intricate voicings.
The slightly more ornate details such as the purfling and binding display the nuanced craftsmanship at work while maintaining the signature raw and organic aesthetic we've come to associate with Lowden guitars.
The guitar comes with a Hiscox Hardcase.
- Top - Master Grade Redwood
- Back and Sides - Master Grade African Blackwood
- Neck - 5 Piece Maple/Rosewood
- Fingerboard - Ebony with Ebony/Maple Binding
- Neck Profile - GL Fingerstyle
- Condition - Mint
- Nut Width - 1 3/4"
- Scale Length - 25.59"
- Binding - Figured Tasmanian Blackwood
- Purflings - Rosewood/Maple/Mahogany
- Tuners - Gotoh Gold 510 with Ebony Buttons
- Hardcase - Hiscox Hardcase