This Lowden F-50 in Master Grade African Blackwood and Master Grade Sinker Redwood is a jaw dropping example of one the very best instruments George and his team make in their Downpatrick workshop in Northern Ireland and comes to us in gorgeous mint condition.
The "50" series guitars from Lowden are renowned for being exhibitions of the finest workmanship, materials and appointments they offer, and this guitar is certainly no exception.
Utilising their reserve of master grade woods, this small jumbo has a wonderfully articulate sound with a crisp and well balanced tone defining the instrument, while maintaining a good amount of heft in the bottom end.
The guitar plays in the fantastic manner typical of a "50" series, with Lowden's signature GL neck profile and 1/34" nut width the guitar is very comfortable and fast to play, being well suited for fingerstyle but also responsive to a flatpick.
The premium features of the Beveled top and more ornate decorations such as the purfling and bindings really make the guitar stand out while still retaining the slightly more raw and organic aesthetic that immediately identifies it as a Lowden.
The guitar comes with a Hiscox Hardcase.
- Back and Sides - Master Grade African Blackwood
- Top - Master Grade Sinker Rosewood
- Neck - 5 Piece Mahogany/Rosewood
- Fingerboard - Ebony with Ebony/Maple Binding
- Neck Profile - GL Standard
- Mint Condition
- Nut Width - 1 3/4"
- Scale Length - 25.59
- Binding - Highly figured Tasmanian Blackwood
- Purflings - Rosewood/Mahogany/Maple
- Custom Options - Soundbox Bevel
- Tuners - Gotoh Gold 510 with Ebony Buttons
- Hardcase - Hiscox Hardcase