This striking Heartbreaker Custom in Royal Orange is Macmulls take on one of the most iconic electric guitars in history, albeit in this case with a few twists that make it something very special indeed.
Starting from a traditional foundation the body is made up of a single piece of lovely kiln-dried Alder, hand picked as with all Macmull guitars for its lighter weight and resonance, the idea being that lighter wood sounds better with a sharper attack and dryer, more 'vintage' tone.
The next big contribution to the feel and sound of the guitar is the Premium Maple neck topped with a Madagascar Rosewood fretboard, and with an Oval 'C' profile and 9.5" radius it truly does a spectacular job of marrying authentic vintage feel with maximum playability.
The guitar features a set of Macmulls custom p-90 style pickups, which really set the guitar part from other 't-type' instruments. These slightly more powerful single coils deliver a bold and fat tone while retaining the punch and sparkle often lost in p-90 style pickups.
In all the guitar comes together to make an authentically vintage feeling instrument that proves incredibly versatile, not to mention drop-dead gorgeous.
The guitar comes with a custom Hardcase and Macmull branded leather strap.
- Body Material: One-piece lightweight Alder
- Body Binding: Top bound, aged white
- Pickguard: Bakelite
- Neck Material: One piece premium Maple
- Neck Shape: Oval C
- Frets: 21 Dunlop 6105
- Fingerboard: Madagascar Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Truss Rod: Single action, one way
- Dots: Clay
- Nut: Bone
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Tuners: 6 in-line Classic Gotoh Japan
- Bridge: Classic T-Classic, Custom spring saddles
- Knobs: Classic top hat + pointers
- Pickups: Macmull HBP90-V set
- Pickup Cover: Raw Nickel Silver
- Pots: Emerson pro CTS 500K, volume & tone
- Caps: Emerson paper in oil .22uF cap
- Finish: Royal Orange Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Case: G&G vintage case and Macmull leather Strap