This Macmull Heartbreaker is an awesome take on one of the most iconic guitars in history, and who better to take on such a task than this passionate trio of die-hard vintage tone chasers.
The Macmull ethos centres around the idea that lighter body woods sound better, so for this guitar we have a lovely lightweight kiln-dried ash body which not only gifts the guitar with a gorgeous dry and present tone but also makes for an exceptionally comfortable gigging guitar.
The next essential aspect of the guitar is the neck, in this case a lovely piece of straight grained maple with a 60's style 'C' profile topped with a 9.5" radius Madagascar Rosewood board. Its an incredibly comfortable neck to play and with the vintage correct and well sprayed nitro finish, has all the allure of its vintage counterparts.
Last but certainly not least, the guitar is electrified through a set of superbly voiced alnico 3 single coil pickups, very reminiscent of the pickups you would find in an old Broadcaster with heaps of midrange bite and thick harmonic texture while retaining a notably vintage output.
The guitar comes with a Custom Hardcase and Macmull branded leather strap.
- Body - Kiln-Dried Ash body
- Neck - Premium maple neck
- Fretboard - Madagascar Rosewood (Dalbergia latifolia)
- Neck Profile - Oval 'C' 60s neck profile
- Frets - 21 Frets (Dunlop 6105)
- Inlays - Clay Dot fretboard inlays
- Fretboard radius - 9.5"
- Scale Length - 648 mm
- Pickups - 2 Macmull HBIII-F single coils
- Pots - CTS 250 K Potentiometers - 1 Volume control and 1 tone control
- Caps - Emerson Paper in Oil .47uF capacitors
- Tuners - Gotoh Vintage Style machine heads with white buttons
- Finish - Vintage Burst
- Extras - Hiscox case and Macmull leather strap