This gorgeous Private Stock Macmull S-Classic is an incredibly authentic take on one of the most iconic electric guitars in popular music.
The Macmull ethos centres around the idea that lighter wood is the best sounding and feeling for an electric guitar, and given the Private Stock nature of this particular instrument, the body is made from premium lightweight kiln-dried alder.
This choice of tonewood makes for an incredibly dry and responsive guitar and when paired with the straight-grained maple neck and Madagascar rosewood fretboard, it really does make for a fine example of what this legendary wood combo is capable of.
The neck is a very comfortable Oval 'C' shape and coupled with the 9.5" fretboard radius the guitar plays very smooth and fast all across the board.
One of the hardest parts of the classic 'S' sound to nail down is the sound of the pickups, but with Macmull's hand wound RVT Alnico 3 pickups and electronics, using all the best components to hand, the guitar ends up with all the snap and punch of its vintage counterparts.
The guitar comes with a Custom Hardcase and Macmull branded leather strap.
- Body Material: Private Stock lightweight Alder
- Neck Material: One piece premium Maple
- Neck Shape: Oval C
- Frets: 21 Dunlop 6105
- Fingerboard: Madagascar Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5"
- Truss Rod: Single action, one way
- Dots: Clay
- Nut: Bone
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Tuners: 6 in-line Classic Gotoh Japan
- Bridge: 6-saddle vintage style Trem
- Pickups: Macmull Matched RVT Pickups
- Pots: Emerson pro CTS 250K, volume & tone x2
- Caps: Emerson paper in oil .22uF cap
- Finish: Lake Placid Blue Nitrocellulose lacquer
- Case: G&G vintage case and Macmull leather Strap