Current Location: TNAG London
Delivery Time to TNAG Nashville: Two Days
This killer Macmull T-Classic is a truly authentic feeling and sounding iteration of one of the 1950s greatest offerings to popular music.
Handmade in Israel by a trio of diehard vintage tone chasers these guitars set out to capture the pure vintage tone and feel of those great old instruments, while maintaining a consistency and reliability of a modern built guitar.
This all starts with the body wood. At Macmull the idea goes that lighter wood sounds better, with a sharper attack and greater resonance to get a foot in the doorway of the vintage ballpark.
This particular guitar features a lightweight, kiln-dried two-piece Alder body which brings with it a punchy and dry tone with resonance and sustain to match, which is of course then sprayed with a lovely black nitrocellulose lacquer.
The next port of call is of course the neck, which on this guitar is made up of one piece of premium straight grained maple. With an exceptionally comfortable Oval 'C' shape the guitar is a pleasure to play and very fast in part due to the ageing on the back of the neck freeing you from sticking to the lacquer.
The pickups in the guitar are a specially voiced blend of alnico 2 and 5 magnets made to perfectly emulate the classic twangy, hollow tone of vintage T-type guitars.
The guitar comes with a Custom Hardcase and Macmull branded leather strap.
- Body - two-piece alder body
- Neck - Premium one-piece maple neck
- Neck Profile - Oval 'C' 60s neck profile
- Frets - 21 Frets (Dunlop 6105)
- Inlays - Black Dot fretboard inlays
- Fretboard radius - 9.5"
- Scale Length - 648 mm
- Pickups - 2 Macmull T-Classic single coils
- Pots - CTS 250 K Potentiometers - 1 Volume control and 1 tone control
- Caps - Emerson Paper in Oil .47uF capacitors
- Tuners - Gotoh Vintage Style machine heads with white buttons
- Finish - Black Nitrocellulose
- Extras - Hiscox case and Macmull leather strap