The Sonnet represents a lot of research in guitar design. Inspired by the classics, the Sonnet shape was tuned to perfection. We gave particular attention to its vibrating areas and to the amount of woods or "mass" that was put in critical areas such as the bridge or the headstock, thus creating a better balance in tone while enhancing its vintage-flavored character.
The pickups were specifically designed to fit the Sonnet's natural voicing: the MHN-2 Humbucker is a unique low output pickup which ensures a creamy, yet twangy tone, thus creating a perfect balance with the vintage-voiced SCC-2 single coils. The push-push switch located on the tone control lets you combine both the bridge and the neck pickups for additional tones. The Vintage Style "Steel Tone" Tremolo was built to precision, using the finest steel saddle material and a cold rolled steel sustain block. As with all Magneto guitars, the electronic cavities are shielded, as are the pickguard materials.
The combination of quality tonewoods, premium materials, and enhanced ergonomics ensures an optimal playing and musical experience.
- Sonnet - Retro Candy Red
- American Alder Body
- Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish
- Magneto Pick-Shield - Sparkle Finish
- Hard Rock Maple Neck
- Satin Nitrocellulose Finish
- East Indian Rosewood Fingerboard
- 648mm / 25 1â„2â€ Scale Length
- Oiled Bone Nut
- 42 mm / 1.650â€ Nut Width
- 22 Frets
- Medium C Shape Neck Profile
- Single Truss Rod
- Steel-Toneâ€ Custom Vintage Style Tremolo with Steel Plate Saddles and Steel Block, 10.8 mm String Pitch
- Gotoh - SG-360-07, Gear Ratio 14:1 Tuners
- Magneto SCC-2 Handwound Single Coils & MHN-2 Low Output Humbucker
- Standard 5 way, â€œTwang-O-Potâ€ Push-Push Combines Bridge and Neck Pickup.
- 1 Master Volume, 1 Master Tone (Push-Push)
- Magneto â€œMag-Liteâ€ Case
- Tremolo Arm
- Allen Wrench Trem Set
- Neck Adjustment Pin