Maingard GC, Brazilian Rosewood & Italian Spruce - Pre-Owned
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
The godfather of luthier-built instruments in South Africa, Marc has trained some incredible builders including the now world-renowned Casimi team Matthias and Matthew. Marc builds guitars that truly will take your breath away aesthetically and sonically, making every piece of wood he uses sing to its absolute full potential.
It's rare that we are speechless here at The North American Guitar, but this GC model has certainly stopped us in our tracks. It is an absolutely superb instrument with a sweet voice that rings like a church bell, and has a beautifully balanced and yet powerful mid and low end. It's very versatile in its capabilities, pretty much taking anything you can throw at it. But without a doubt, it excels in drop tunings such as DADGAD.
- Model: Grand Concert with Florentine cutaway
- Top: Italian spruce
- Back and sides: Brazilian rosewood
- Bracing: Italian spruce
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Headstock veneer: Brazilian rosewood
- Rosette: Macassar ebony with sterling silver animal inlays (rhino, kudu buck, antelope, giraffe and bush pig)
- Tuners: Gold Waverly with snakewood buttons
- Features: Arm and chest bevel
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- Scale length: 25-3/8"
- Year of build: 2010
- Case: Hiscox hardshell
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
This product listing was written by Kim. If you’d like to talk to Kim about this guitar, you can do so here:
Get your personalized demo
Fill in your details below, tell us what you'd like to hear, and we'll send your personal demo within 24 hours