This instrument was Marc Maingard's personal guitar for many years, and one he considers his best work.
Built with a truly staggering set of Brazilian Rosewood for the back and sides paired with an 80-year-old Italian Cedar top, this remarkable instrument boasts as impressive an aesthetic as its tonal palette.
The guitar features a Florentine cutaway, radiused Ebony board; built to use (and strung with) Thomastik-Infeld Rope Core Nylon strings and is an incredible hybrid guitar having a steel-string neck but strung with nylon strings.
The intricate inlay in the bridge is done in the tribal Ndebele style. The guitar has an LR Baggs RT active pickup installed, and the case is a Vicesnut hardshell.
- Top: 80-year-old Italian Cedar
- Back and Sides: Brazilian Rosewood
- Rosette: Italian Maple
- Binding: Ebony with multi-ply purfling of red-maple-red-b-w-b
- Inlays: Brass and pearl yin and yang inlays and red purfling
- Head Veneeer: Brazilian Rosewood
- Fretboard Binding: Ebony with pearl dots and a yin and yang symbol at the 5th fret
- Tuners: Gold Schallers with Ebony Buttons
- Bridge: Ebony pinless with Maple and red inlay
- Saddle: Tusq
- But: Bone
- Pickguard: Clear
- Nut Width: 1-7/8"
- Scale Length: 650 mm
- Vicesnut Hardshell Case.
- Built: 2008