Marchione OMC, One-Piece Mahogany Top and Back
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 3 months
Texas-based luthier Stephen Marchione has an incredibly broad, encompassing approach to his craft. Rather than focusing all of his energy on just acoustics or electrics, he tackles steel-string acoustic, classical, archtop, semi-hollow, and even violin building as well. Elements of each discipline bleeds into the others, creating a cohesive style defined by clean precision and bold designs. Stephen's lutherie philosophy is all about longevity and what he calls archival building. He crafts his guitars to last and develop with the player over the years, and that careful attention is apparent in every detail of this OMC, with its distinctive Florentine cutaway. Deeper bodied than most OMs, his clocks in at 4-7/8" deep at the bottom, for some added resonance and power.
That's not the only thing that sets this particular model apart, though. This very special OMC boasts not only a one-piece top, but a one-piece back as well, all of Honduran mahogany. Aside from being exceptionally beautifully, the resulting tone has all the mahogany warmth you could imagine. The bass is thumpy and strong, while the midrange is resonant and well-defined. This guitar comes with a custom Calton flight case.
- Model: OMC (cutaway)
- Soundboard: One-piece Honduran mahogany
- Back and sides: Honduran mahogany (back is one-piece)
- Neck: Honduran mahogany with C profile
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Tuners: Sperzel Locking
- Peghead veneer: Rosewood
- Rosette: Ebony
- Binding: Ebony
- Bridge: Ebony
- Nut, saddle, and pins: Bone
- Saddle type: Drop-in, compensated
- Brace pattern: X
- Scale length: 25-1/2"
- Nut width: 1-3/4"
- String spacing: 2-7/32"
- Lower bout: 15"
- Depth: 4-7/8"
- Serial number: N/A
- Year of build: 2021
- Case: Custom Calton flight case (burgundy)
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Stephen focuses his steel-string building on just two models: the versatile OM, and the OMC with Florentine cutaway
- As mahogany as a mahogany guitar can be, this one has a rare one-piece top and one-piece back
- Simple ebony appointments keep the visual focus on these exceptional pieces of Honduran mahogany