This truly extraordinary Martin D-18 is over 70 years old and still holds its own with most anything else in the realm of classic dreadnoughts.
Made up out of Mahogany for the back and sides with a gorgeous, wide grained Sitka Spruce top, this iconic instrument projects a huge, balanced and powerful tone with a broken-in and open, true vintage voice that nothing but years of playing can bestow upon an instrument.
The Ebony boarded Mahogany neck plays beautifully all the way through, and the fretting is articulate and precise to match thanks to an absolutely stellar re-fret, making this versatile classic an enduring workhorse still.
This gorgeous instrument comes in a rock-solid contemporary Martin hard case.
- Martin D-18 (1946, Exc)
- Back and Sides: Mahogany
- Top: Sitka Spruce top (nice wide grain)
- Neck: Mahogany
- Fretboard: Ebony with pearl dot inlay
- Bracing: Non-scalloped bracing
- Body Binding: tortoise-grained
- Pickguard: Original
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Headstock: Brazilian Rosewood overlay
- Tuners: original tuning machines
- Bridge: Ebony