This magnificent Martin D-28 was built in the year of 1965 and has been owned by the same family ever since it was purchased in the year of its making from Manny's in New York City.
Made-up out of a stunning set of Brazilian Rosewood for the back and sides, with a Sitka Spruce top that has garnered an absolutely gorgeous patina over the years, this iconic dreadnought is loud!
With all the balance and warmth you would expect from a great vintage Martin, coupled with a truly immense and powerful voice, this guitar excels with a flatpick, although fingerpicking brings out the nuances and cascading harmonics the instrument has to offer.
The Mahogany neck is topped with an Ebony fretboard and plays beautifully all the way through, with great intonation and touch sensitive response.
The guitar comes in a non-original Hardshell Case.
- Back and sides: Brazilian Rosewood back and sides
- Top: Sitka Spruce top
- Body binding: bound body with b-w-b-w-b purfling
- Neck: Mahogany neck with diamond volute
- Rosette: 28-style
- Fretboard: Ebony with pearl dot inlay
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Nut: Bone nut
- Headstock Overlay: Brazilian Rosewood
- Tuners: Nickel-plated Grover tuning machines
- Pickguard: Celluloid (under the finish, but we see no signs of a pickguard crack)
- Bridge: Ebony belly bridge with drop-in saddle