This lovely pre-owned Martin D-60 is a very rare bird indeed, made for only 6 years between '89 and '95.
Sporting a set of solid Birdseye Maple back and sides this Dreadnaught has a very unique voice characterised by a chiming yet mellow tone.
The figuring of the back and sides is certainly eye catching and the guitar has all the playability and style you would expect from a USA made Martin, with its tasteful Tortoiseshell binding and Herringbone back strip.
The guitar is very responsive and notably brighter than Martin's typical Dreadnaught, which works in its favour for even and clear chordal voicing, crystalline fingerpicking and naturally cutting through a mix without sounding shrill.
If you're looking for a Dreadnaught with an edge this may well be the guitar for you.
The guitar comes with a Martin Hardcase.
- Body Shape - Dreadnaught
- Body back material - birds-eye maple
- Body sides material - birds-eye maple
- Body top material - spruce
- Binding - Tortoise-shell Binding
- Body depth - 4.875 inches body depth
- body width - 15.625 inches wide body
- Pickguard material - tortoiseshell pickguard
- Body fret - Neck joins body at 14th fret
- Neck material - mahogany neck
- Fingerboard inlay material - pearl fingerboard inlay material
- Fingerboard material - ebony fingerboard
- Fingerboard position markers - snowflake fingerboard position markers
- Neck width - 1.69 inches wide at nut
- Number of frets - 20 fret
- Headstock - Tortoiseshell bound headstock with Birdseye maple veneer
- Bridge pins - white red dot pins
- Bridge - ebony bridge
- Tuners - ebony buttoned, gold martin stamped tuners
- Scale length - 25.4 inches scale-length
- Hardcase - Martin Hardcase