Matsuda M1 Cutaway, Italian Spruce & Brazilian Rosewood
Spread the cost
- Open to all
- 25% deposit secures the guitar
- Spread the remaining cost over 11 months
Japanese luthier Michiro Matsuda came to lutherie, as many do, through a love of both music and crafting things by hand. After an apprenticeship with Ervin Somogyi, Michi settled in San Francisco, CA. This Matsuda M1 Cutaway may already be spoken for, but with tone, craftsmanship, and artistry like this, we'd be remiss not to share it. The M1 model is akin to a deeper bodied OM. With an Italian spruce top and Brazilian rosewood back and sides, it has effervescent trebles, rich bass, and overtones aplenty. And that's all to say nothing of the incredible inlay work, both on the body as well as the sparkling koi design on the fingerboard. It's an all around exquisite guitar, and we're proud to feature it.
Fully insured global shipping
All instruments ship direct from Nashville to anywhere in the world, fully insured with trusted global couriers
Every guitar comes with a 72-hour appraisal period so if you're not satisfied you can return the instrument to us
Why buy this guitar
- Exquisite inlay work make this guitar as much a work of art as it is a musical instrument
- Matsuda's M1 is an OM-inspired cutaway guitar, perfect for fingerstyle
- Brazilian rosewood's best characteristics - warm low end, sparkling high end, and rich sustain - are enhanced by Italian spruce
Former Somogyi apprentice Michihiro Matsuda was born and raised in Japan, before moving to the US to study at the Roberto-Venn School of Lutherie in Phoenix, Arizona, then with Ervin Somogyi in San Francisco.