The Maybach Lester Jr Doublecut Special is a truly versatile workhorse instrument, that sounds as good as it looks!
Based on the Doublecut Jr models of the 50s and 60s, this gorgeous guitar from Maybach sports a solid set neck construction, stellar playability and a truly inspiring set of vintage voiced, hand wound P-90s from Amber.
The aged finish and hardware lend themselves to the iconic rock'n'roll nature of the Jr, with a subtle and tasteful touch that makes the guitar feel instantaneously familiar and classic under the fretting hand as well as responsive and lively under the right.
Guitar Magazine got their hands on one earlier this year, and it came back with a fantastic 9/10 review, read that here.
- STYLE: Solidbody double-cutaway electric guitar
- BUILD: Two-piece mahogany body, set mahogany neck, 12″ radius rosewood fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets
- HARDWARE: Aged Gotoh SD90 vintage-style tuners, six-saddle wrapover bridge
- ELECTRICS: 2x Amber P-90 pickups, 2x volume, 2x tone, 3-way toggle pickup-selector switch
- SCALE LENGTH: 24.75″/628mm
- NECK WIDTH: 42.8mm at nut, 52.6mm at 12th fret
- NECK DEPTH: 22.5mm at first fret, 24.4mm at 12th fret
- STRING SPACING: 34.5mm at nut, 51.7mm at bridge
- WEIGHT: 3.34kg/7.38lb
- FINISH: Aged nitrocellulose.